Saturday, July 16, 2011

35: the super grateful client

I can't write much about my work. Client confidentiality. That's definitely a good thing, but also a bit weird because I never really know what to do when I see a client around town. It's a small city and it's bound to happen sooner or later. I definitely meet people from all walks of life. Some who don't have legal problems. Some who have legal problems but have waited too long. And some who have legal problems and show up at the last possible minute before their court date tomorrow. It does not take much for one to imagine the kinds of people who walk through the door of a free legal clinic located in one of the poorest, crime ridden neighbourhoods in the city. Point and case, in the past week 2 of our staff have had to call the cops for incidents they have seen walking around our workplace neighbourhood.

Sometimes it's really draining to go to work after a long week, but there's always the odd person that makes going to work so worthwhile. This week I had a client come back after meeting with me only a few days before guidebook in hand and court forms in the other. He had already started filling them out, and was so happy to know that he was finally on the right track to getting the solution he was looking for. He basically told me he wouldn't have known where to go or what to do if he hadn't come to us, so yes it is nice to know that we're making a difference. It's funny how helping someone in a small way is really empowering them to take that information and do what it is they need to do. If I was facing some of the problems I see clients facing I would just want to hire a lawyer and "make it go away." It's good to see people taking ownership of their lives in a day and age where throwing the blame around seems so much easier. 

1 comment:

Vince said...

I need my keys back!